Saturday, August 23, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Hello Slytherins, even though there are few of us we are proud and talented group. All three of you have completed your quizzes on time and did a great job of showing your talent in Potions. I will be shipping out the prize to the winner, but it will remain a secret till she receives it in the mail.
The next quiz will be in two weeks and the prize is a skein on yarn donated by our talented Slytherin Perenelle Pettigrew, check out her store there are beautiful hand-dyed yarns and great sock clubs like the Quidditch Teams of the World Club. Drooling over her yarns makes me wish I wasn't allergic to wool! Disclosure: Nelle did not bribe me or ask me to advertise for her, I'm gushing because the yarn is definitely worth gushing over!
Now the winner of the Slytherin quiz of the term is
Nelle congratulations, please send me a pm via Ravelry with your address or email me at megaerablack aT gMaIL PeRioD com.
BTW - the first sock is working up beautifully with the hand painted yarn!
2. Improper Use of Magic Office, or magical Law Enforcement Squad
3. Best at completing - the Underwater challenge. I love to swim, and took all but the last course to become a Certified LifeGuard before my family moved from California.
4. Worst at completing - the Maze. My sense of direction has always been very poor.
5. Potions - Wit Sharpening Potion
6. Veritaserum - Truth serum, it forces the person who has taken it to tell the truth to any questions asked, no matter who is asking - someone else or themselves.
7. Hungarian Horntail
8. "Potter Stinks"
Hermione & Viktor Krum
Harry and a Dragon
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Lady Felula, Gryffindor House
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
1. What is a Niffler, and what are the pros and cons of owning one?
2. What department of the Ministry of Magic would be alerted if you were found flying around on a Magic Carpet?
3. Of the three tasks of the Tri-Wizard tournament do you think you would have been best at completing and why?
4. Of the three tasks of the Tri-Wizard tournament would you have been least successful and why?
5. In Potions if you were asked to take out your ground scarab beetle, cut up ginger root, and armadillo bile, what potion would you be making?
6.What is Veritaserum and what is its purpose?
7.What Dragon did Harry face in the first trial?
8. Please describe the badges everyone wore after Harry was named the 4th contestant in the Tri-Wizard tournament.
Picture Scavenger hunt: paste a link or insert the picture into your post.
For answering these questions and completing the scavenger hunt by midnight Sunday you will be entered into a drawing for a fabulous prize furnished by me your House Prefect. Ophelia Ballycastle.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Good luck to all of you!!!!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
I hope everyone has heard from their partners and have had a chance to settle into their dorms. I'd like to welcome all students, old and new to Hogwarts and if you have any questions don't hesitate to give your prefects an email or pm if you know their Ravelry names.
All students are asked to post here every week. We ask that you put your Hogwarts name and house on each post you make to make it easier for us prefects to tally the house points and to make sure who is posting or not.
If anyone in the swap is crafty with making buttons I noticed we don't have any yet, please feel free to make some and post them here for your fellow students.
I had fun reading all the posts so far on how everyone's kits are coming along and keep them coming. Happy Swapping!
Grandma Beth, that's an inspired idea, to use your partner's patronis for the markers! I hope that question is added to the questionnaire for the next sock swap. I've already created stitch markers for this one, but I'd love to have the option of using my partner's patronis next time.