Monday, August 25, 2008
Ravenclaw House Quiz 1
I was out of town attending an important symposium for a week and it then took me another week to put some order to my office. I am, however, now ready to test what you have learned while I was away! So, here is your first quiz. You will have until Monday at 11:59 p.m. Pacific to post your answers.
1. True or False: In Dumbledore's office there are pictures of previous headmasters and headmistresses as well as portraits of the founders of Hogwarts?
2. Which Harry Potter character's name is the Roman equivalent of the Greek Goddess Athena?
3. What is there a portrait of in the prefects' bathroom?
a. a mermaid
b. a waterfall
c. an underwater village
d. the Hogwarts lake
4. Beauxbatons Academy is probably located in France. What does its name mean?
a. handsome grooms
b. beautiful sticks
c. fine bats
d. good teachers
5. Which last name is not only the last name of a Harry Potter character, but also the name of a Scottish clan?
6. From what literay work is the spider Aragog likely to have derived his name?
b. The Lord of the Rings
c. Aesop's Fables
d. The Bible
7. One of the portraits in Dumbledore's office is that of Phineas Nigellus, whose portrait also hangs in Grimmauld Place. What is his relationship to Sirius Black?
a. married to his cousin Elladora
b. godfather to his brother
d. second cousin to his mother
8. What character's first name is the name of the ancient Greek legislator famous for the cruelty of his laws?
9. Who is the Fat Lady's friend?
10. What is so unusual about the poster above Dean Thomas' bed?
a. The person in it doesn't move.
b. It's a brilliant shade of green.
c. it's taped together so the person looks funny.
d. All of these.